Today was weird…
found out that our lead pastor, Chris is going to be leaving in June. 😦 that’s a bummer. He is a wonderful speaker, and I know he will spiritually grow whatever congregation he leads in the future.
We spent the afternoon looking at houses with a realtor, after a quick Taco Bell stop- BTW- any of you people who think that Taco Bell’s Cheesy potato burrito is delicious, you have never experienced Taco Johns… Hand’s down, TJ’s wins.
Anyway, the housing search simply lead to more questions.
- What are we qualified for?
- What kind of house are we looking for?
- Are we pre-approved?
- What kind/type of mortgage to we get?
- Which lender do we choose?
- Are all these people just trying to rip us off?
- What do ANY of these real estate terms mean?
- Why does thinking about housing give me a headache?
- Why can’t I stop snapping at Mitch even though I’m not really mad at him?
Idk… The whole process is just exhausting… We looked at a house that we loved though… I don’t want to be rash though, so I’ll just say we liked it-liked it… Like, we wanna be more than friends with this house… For a couple of reasons:
- Forclosure, so it’s selling for 10,000 less than it’s worth, which brings me to point 2:
- Fixer-upper, so we stand to make money in re-sale
- HUGE YARD
- Beautiful staircase
- Wood burning fire place
- Useable living space…
It just needs some love… come on, guys, I think I can fix it! I mean, being bank owned, there’s a lot of competition… But I think I’ve got plenty to offer this place. I know I could show it the love it hasn’t seen in a while…paint it’s walls, fix it’s base-board moulding, rip up its ugly pink stair carpet, fix it’s window screens, give it some decent rain gutters, for crying out loud…
I really want to ask this house out… But I have no idea how to do that… I need someone to talk me through it… What’s the first step? How do I make my move? My husband likes the house too… Heck, we sorta wanna marry it… Actually, come to think of it, we more or less just want to adopt it… Yep. This house is more like a sad little puppy stuck at the animal shelter… We want to make it ours, clean it up, and give it to a loving family when our time with it is through…
It needs quite a few repairs, but all of which seem to be cosmetic. Idk, readers…
What do you think? Should I send it a “Check yes or no” note?