This recipe was the result of moldy bread, I kid you not, and it’s the best thing to ever happen to PB&J
- Peanut Butter (Jif is the ONLY peanut butter, according to the hubby 🙂 )
- Jelly, Jam, or Preserves (I used Smuckers Apricot Preserves this time)
- Large flour tortilla
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 glass of ice cold milk
- Small skillet
- knife and or spoon (depending on your preferred spreading utensil)
1.) Put the peanut butter and the jam down the middle of the tortilla, I use about 2 Tbsp. of PB (recommended serving size) and balance the jam accordingly.
2.) Now comes the intricate 😉 part… the folding/sealing.
3.) Heat the skillet to medium low heat, and melt the butter.
4.) Place the PB&J wrap flap side down (that’s important) and let it cook for a little under a minute (cook times vary, my stove gets real hot, real fast). Flip it with the spatula, and let the other side get nice and golden.
Serve it up topped with powdered sugar as a dessert, or just enjoy it as a more gourmet version of the sandwich you loved as a kid. Pour a nice tall glass of milk, and enjoy!
- Notes: I haven’t found an easy/ non-messy way to eat this yet… we’ll work on it
- raspberry jam is my husband’s all-time favorite, and is the most often used.
- I’m working on an Elvis version, but it’s still too messy and probably causes congestive heart failure…