- 1 cup rolled oats (Quaker old-fashioned oats works fine)
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 cup Peanut Butter (JIF creamy is what I used)
- 2 cups all-purpose or wheat flour (some people go one of each)
- 1 Tbsp. EVOO (for you Non-Rachael Ray-ers, that’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- cookie sheet
- mixing bowl
- pizza cutter or cookie cutters in cute doggie shapes
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray your cookie sheet with non-stick spray or rub it with some EVOO. Mix together the oats and flour, then add the EVOO, peanut butter, chicken broth.
Mix by hand once it’s firm, and knead it a couple of times on a floured surface. Once it’s all holding together and not sticky, roll it out
and cut it in strips from left to right, then again from top to bottom making rectangles (or cute cookie cutter shapes, whichever) Then place them on a baking sheet and bake them for 14-16 minutes. I did mine right at 15 minutes and they turned out great.
- Make sure your sneaky little doggies don’t steal any of the pre-baked treats like mine did (although there’s nothing in it that would hurt them uncooked…)
- You can brush them with an egg wash if you have the time and feel like putting that much effort into dog treats
- Make sure they cool entirely before you give them to your pup, so they don’t burn their little doggie mouths!